Friday, July 11, 2008

Today.

I rode to work today, it was hot, so made the ride challenging, plus I think I could have hydrated myself better before leaving. It's about 16 miles the way I went to work today. I got there and it was busy, stayed busy until midnight, was so glad to leave at 2am. Was pretty tired, especially for the first few miles, then my muscles warmed up and it was pretty smooth sailing after that, had a few periods where i did recovery riding, especially down hill. I made sure to try and climb each hill hard as I could and keep a decent cadence after climbing said hill. I had just finished the third and biggest climb on Eastern Parkway, and had gotten to a decent cadence. I notice car lights, slowly moving up beside me. I think oh great, just what I need. Then I hear a girl saying wooooo, hi five, I look by and a couple is slowly going by, the girl with her hand out the window. I realize it and they pass by so I speed up, some so do they, and I say too fast, they slow down, and the hi five is made. Yes! They drive on off and that energized me. I picked up cadence again, came to the bridge by U of L and decided to stand and climb it. It was much easier than I expected, and had much more momentum at the top. I wasn't much on standing and climbing since I'm over 200lbs, but I may have figured it out finally. Now I'm home, protein shake in belly, about to cook a $1 pizza w00t!

2 comments:

The Librarian said...

You're a monster! And that high-five story kicks ass.

Best
B&B

d.krazy said...

I'm not a monster yet, hope to be in the near future, and the high five was awesome. Hit me up, you need to come down and ride soon.